This is important. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 13:59 (3178 days ago) @ slycrel

I love DBO. But one thing I see here a bit too often is:

* Person A complains about something in Destiny
* Person B insults person A.

It's OK to disagree with someone. It's OK to be completely flabbergasted by their opinion or complaint or the way they voice their thoughts. But if you can't communicate your own thoughts without resorting to personal insults... well I find that a lot more upsetting than someone voicing a negative opinion about a videogame.

Cody and I disagree on plenty of stuff. Anyone who frequents the forums will come across plenty of exchanges between the 2 of us where we discuss an issue from opposite sides. But not once has either of us resorted to personal insults or attacks. We, and many others here, keep things friendly while we disagree.

ps

Kermit, I just want to say specifically that I'm not including you in my statements about some DBOers resorting to personal insults. I was building off of Slycrel's post in a more general way. I took your response to Cody's complaint as more of a friendly poke than anything else :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread