It might not be as cut and dry as the statement sounds (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 02:09 (3070 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Avateur, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 02:13

It's an odd design philosophy, but I almost view it in a skirmish-y way from Halo. My K/D ratio in previous Halo games would largely get hurt in certain playlists. I've always been very objective-oriented when in a game like that. I don't care if I get 20 kills and 100 deaths, I want that damn flag captured. I don't want that flag to reset, and if that means leaping out into certain death to touch it, I'll do it.

I'm wondering if Bungie's mentality isn't so much along the lines of "well, this class is meant to die" vs. "because they're taking the risk of doing this, they forfeit the ability to gain a boatload of kills with their super" or something of the sort. You know? Striker Titan could conceivably smash down onto all six enemy players if they're grouped up for whatever reason. They could also get that super a bunch of times a game depending upon the gametype and how well they kill or pick up teammate orbs. We all know how Sunbreakers roll. I think Bungie may be assuming that it'd make sense for the Defender class to go negative just based on not padding the K/D ratio with super kills.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread