This never happens to me as a Titan (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 13:43 (2913 days ago)

I just finished leveling my baby Warlock and so I started playing her more. So I went around trying out a bunch of different strategies (all the ones I hated facing as a Titan). But I swear stuff like this just doesn't happen when I play a Titan.

On a side note, I spent some time using blink/shotgun. But after a couple games I had to go take a shower cause I felt so dirty using that and the warlock melee... Just thinking about it now and how easy it was... I'll be back in 10 I need another scrubbing.

Just wait till you level up stormcaller.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 14:16 (2913 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's one of the most laughably overpowered sub-classes ever.

Right?

by Kahzgul, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 15:03 (2912 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Whenever I play on my warlock instead of my hunter I end up cackling while I play because of how much it feels like cheating.

Right?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 15:22 (2912 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Whenever I play on my warlock instead of my hunter I end up cackling while I play because of how much it feels like cheating.

How I feel playing a Warlock

How I feel playing as a Titan

Right?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 15:32 (2912 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

How I feel playing a Warlock

How I feel playing as a Titan

Don't forget the infamous Shadestep Nightstalker Hunter:

[image]

Hearty lols.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 15:39 (2912 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Counterexample

by squidnh3, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 16:10 (2912 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Lifetime K/Ds:

Hunter (mostly Gunslinger): 1.6
Warlock (mostly Sunsinger in Trials and Stormcaller elsewhere): 1.47
Titan (mostly Sunbreaker): 1.52

I'm sure there are a variety of things to explain this, but I've never had the feeling that things were easier as a Warlock.

Counter-Counterexample

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 16:30 (2912 days ago) @ squidnh3
edited by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 16:33

I'm sure there are a variety of things to explain this, but I've never had the feeling that things were easier as a Warlock.

You should try Stormcaller. It takes finesse and careful strategy to pull off well...

Raga hates me:

Raga hates me part II:

Disgusting

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 17:58 (2912 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I don't use Stormcaller in PvP out of principle.

It's super is OP and complete bull. They should have at least made your float speed slower than a guardian's run speed so if they choose to run away there's hope that they will survive (yes, you can run away, but only if you're lucky enough to be out of it's arc reach at the beginning, and even then with the blink ability and the speed of the float, you're probably SOL).

It's got a 20m range and can chain. You kill 4 people in the first one and STILL have super left over. I'm not mad at you or people who use it (well, maybe sometimes), I'm mad at Bungie for making such a BS super in the first place. I swear, when they made Sunbreaker and Stormcaller it's like they did NO PvP testing whatsoever, who cares how long a super lasts in PvE, just throw more enemies at them to counter it. Gah.

[image]

Disgusting

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:00 (2912 days ago) @ BeardFade

It's super is OP and complete bull. They should have at least made your float speed slower than a guardian's run speed so if they choose to run away there's hope that they will survive (yes, you can run away, but only if you're lucky enough to be out of it's arc reach at the beginning, and even then with the blink ability and the speed of the float, you're probably SOL).

It's got a 20m range and can chain. You kill 4 people in the first one and STILL have super left over. I'm not mad at you or people who use it (well, maybe sometimes), I'm mad at Bungie for making such a BS super in the first place. I swear, when they made Sunbreaker and Stormcaller it's like they did NO PvP testing whatsoever, who cares how long a super lasts in PvE, just throw more enemies at them to counter it. Gah.

[image]

One of the best feelings in Destiny:

You hear a Stormcaller pop, you line up your sniper. He comes around the corner, two shots, he's dead. ;)

Disgusting

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:09 (2912 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]

One of the best feelings in Destiny:

You hear a Stormcaller pop, you line up your sniper. He comes around the corner, two shots, he's dead. ;)

Not a stormcaller, but it felt just as good ;)

https://twitter.com/NevinDouglas/status/722449450522845184

These random drive-by mentions of me have got to...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 20:18 (2912 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

...keep happening. They're hilarious. :p

I do wonder, is that Stormcaller from before or after the recent patch that made it so they actually use up Super energy when using their Super? Hopefully that has made a difference and reduced those situations where a Stormcaller will kill you and all your teammates twice on even the largest maps before their Super ran out...

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 20:27 (2912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yay. I look forward to playing with you come D2

I do wonder, is that Stormcaller from before or after the recent patch that made it so they actually use up Super energy when using their Super? Hopefully that has made a difference and reduced those situations where a Stormcaller will kill you and all your teammates twice on even the largest maps before their Super ran out...

These clips were from before the patch. You were even in the second one.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 06, 2016, 00:16 (2912 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Yay. I look forward to playing with you come D2

1994??

Most awkward positioning I've seen in a while

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 06, 2016, 00:36 (2912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by Robot Chickens, Friday, May 06, 2016, 12:31 (2912 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Haha. They beat those evil Russians good in that flick.

Counterexample

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:00 (2912 days ago) @ squidnh3

Lifetime K/Ds:

The thing with Stormcallers is not that they are generally "overpowered"... more "lopsided". Their "neutral game" is arguably the weakest of any subclass. They don't have a good grenade, their jumps all suck, and aside from melee range they don't have any perks or abilities that really give them an edge in any situation. But on the flip side of the coin, their super is so face-smackingly overpowered that you can easily pile up 3-4 kills at the very least every time you use it. So it wouldn't surprise me if their overall K/D was statistically similar to the other classes.

Counterexample

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:06 (2912 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Lifetime K/Ds:

The thing with Stormcallers is not that they are generally "overpowered"... more "lopsided". Their "neutral game" is arguably the weakest of any subclass. They don't have a good grenade, their jumps all suck, and aside from melee range they don't have any perks or abilities that really give them an edge in any situation. But on the flip side of the coin, their super is so face-smackingly overpowered that you can easily pile up 3-4 kills at the very least every time you use it. So it wouldn't surprise me if their overall K/D was statistically similar to the other classes.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've become a Tlaloc convert. It's a MONSTER of a scout rifle when your super is charged.

Your super is never charged, though, if you're playing Bladedancer or Stormcaller - because who WOULDN'T want to use those as soon as they're available?

So I've been playing as a Sunsinger, in PvP. Things are a little slow at first (it's a pretty slow-firing gun, even though it hits like a truck)... but once I'm super'd, it is just ridiculous. And I've got almost no reason to pop my super (and take all that goodness away).

Plus, as a Sunsinger, I get a couple of sticky grenades, and a spectacularly powerful melee attack.

You wanna talk overpowered Warlocks... that's where you should start. ;)

Counterexample

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:07 (2912 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Lifetime K/Ds:

Over the last couple of weeks, I've become a Tlaloc convert. It's a MONSTER of a scout rifle when your super is charged.

Your super is never charged, though, if you're playing Bladedancer or Stormcaller - because who WOULDN'T want to use those as soon as they're available?

So I've been playing as a Sunsinger, in PvP. Things are a little slow at first (it's a pretty slow-firing gun, even though it hits like a truck)... but once I'm super'd, it is just ridiculous. And I've got almost no reason to pop my super (and take all that goodness away).

Plus, as a Sunsinger, I get a couple of sticky grenades, and a spectacularly powerful melee attack.

You wanna talk overpowered Warlocks... that's where you should start. ;)

Totally. Tlaloc with a full super is probably my favorite PvP weapon in the game. As if sunsingers needed another advantage ;)

Counterexample

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 18:28 (2912 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Please please please tell me what exploit you used to be able to equip Tlaloc on a Hunter! :-p

Counterexample

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 05, 2016, 19:28 (2912 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Please please please tell me what exploit you used to be able to equip Tlaloc on a Hunter! :-p

lol

Misspoke. But unless you're me, and all of your nova bombs hit doorways or crates, the argument still stands for Voidwalkers. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread