Landfall and Stormtrance are both complete bullshit. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 05, 2016, 00:14 (2946 days ago)

I can't even begin to describe how enraged / fed up I am with the Stormcaller's Stormtrance Super. It can kill you without a line of sight via arcing, it lets them teleport to dodge attacks, it's faster than any of my characters can run, it seems to last forever, it can blind you when activated, and worst of all is the single thing I absolutely hate the most about Destiny: Landfall.

I am completely at a loss why Bungie gave the Stormcaller basically the powers of every other class all wrapped into one Super. Think about it: My Striker Titan can smash a point for area of effect damage. His signature ability. The Stormcaller can do basically the same attack and then can float around the map killing several more enemies!

Today, as a Defender, I faced down an incoming Warlock and fired up my Armor of Light bubble at the appropriate moment only to have it immediately jumped over, destroyed by Landfall, I jumped and avoided the Stormcaller for a moment but he just waited patiently for me to land then killed me and went on to kill two or three more teammates.

I've had it.

I've had it with my Defender putting up his "aim here" bubble that lets the enemy know where to fire their supers to kill me. And I've had it with Stormcallers and their infinite duration, does everything Super.

If the Defender does not get some actual attention (what the hell good does having my melee and grenade back do when the Landfall, Golden Gun, Fist of Havoc, Nova Bomb, Stormtrance indirect arcing, Hammers of Sol aimed at a Sunbreaker's feat, or rapid fire grenades from a Sunsinger all can kill the bubble and me?!) and if the Stormcaller doesn't get nerved into the ground then, quite simply, I quit.

Or, let me put it this way:

My Xbox Live subscription is already cancelled, it just hasn't run out yet.

Fix your shit, Bungie.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread