Brilliance. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 02:22 (2760 days ago)

Yeah, Festival of the Lost--Bungie's lost their common sense.

They (literally) copy/pasted the quests from last year--instead of multiple quests you could stack, you now have to do them all one at a time. And of course, Bungie forgot their whole 'counting numbers' thing, since they raised the light.

They (somehow) forgot that these masks completely remove any light from a total mean. So if you're at LL 400, the maximum possible, you're dropped down to 360, just barely enough to get one shot killed by a Elemental Burn sniper. Any less(like my 370 character) and it becomes Impossible. I mean literally, black bar Wailing Skull "there is no hope" impossible.

AND with the Bone pause screen now actually BEATING the amount of loading time that the 360 did(Again, nice job.), just trying to switch back and forth from your actual helmet to your mask as quickly as you can could spell a wipe for EVERYONE. Not to mention your 370.000000000001 blue gear is now 333. Thank God I only had to do this once.

Excellent plan, guys!

......hmm. You know, I can't help but think. I bet if they made some quest that involved getting flawless Trials with a mask or something else that moronic, somebody would burn that whole building to the ground.

Torn.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 06:19 (2760 days ago) @ Morpheus

On the one hand, Superblack and other new shaders.

But on the other, the Broom sparrow is limited to just the event, the new masks are all (except Saladin) behind a paywall, as are the new cosmetic consumables, the sweets are gone for no discernible reason, the refillable bag of candy gives only Jackolytes and FoS, and the quest is just a repeat of last year.

That Superblack though. And the glowy purple one too!

Torn.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:37 (2759 days ago) @ someotherguy

On the one hand, Superblack and other new shaders.

But on the other, the Broom sparrow is limited to just the event, the new masks are all (except Saladin) behind a paywall, as are the new cosmetic consumables, the sweets are gone for no discernible reason, the refillable bag of candy gives only Jackolytes and FoS, and the quest is just a repeat of last year.

I was bummed that I held onto last year's quests for the entire year b/c they were only partially completed. Monday night they were still there, and then Tuesday after the update they were gone.

Same for me with the quests, really saddening. What a waste

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 15:26 (2759 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Spose my SRL license quest will disappear here in Dec. :(

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 15:27 (2759 days ago) @ Pyromancy

- No text -

Torn.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:42 (2759 days ago) @ someotherguy

Sea of Tears is just the shade of blue I was looking for on my titan. Now all three of my characters have a different blue shader that looks good on them.

Torn.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:54 (2759 days ago) @ bluerunner

Sea of Tears is just the shade of blue I was looking for on my titan. Now all three of my characters have a different blue shader that looks good on them.

I tried that shader out on my titan and one of my first thoughts was "damn, bluerunner is going to love this"

I'm normally more of a black/red titan kinda guy (sorry blue!) but damn does that blue look sexy on metallic armor.

Ditto. Immediately thought of Blue when I saw it.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 14:49 (2759 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Brilliance.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 13:01 (2759 days ago) @ Morpheus

They (somehow) forgot that these masks completely remove any light from a total mean. So if you're at LL 400, the maximum possible, you're dropped down to 360, just barely enough to get one shot killed by a Elemental Burn sniper. Any less(like my 370 character) and it becomes Impossible. I mean literally, black bar Wailing Skull "there is no hope" impossible.

I don't understand. Is there a quest that requires you to do a heroic strike or something while wearing a mask?

Yep

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 13:04 (2759 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Brilliance.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 13:19 (2759 days ago) @ stabbim

I don't understand. Is there a quest that requires you to do a heroic strike or something while wearing a mask?

Yes, but you can kill the boss, then put the mask on before the completion countdown appears. A workaround, but dumb that it's needed or possible in the first place.

Brilliance.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 13:24 (2759 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah, but despite it being hard I actually had a lot of fun. Did the new Sepiks strike with two good randos. We died many many times waiting for our Ghost to turn off the laser grid but hard stuff like that is where my Defender finally gets to really shine. My randos played well but between Force Barrier, my Ward of Dawn, and Invective, I was the last man standing a good dozen times and got to save everyone's asses. :)

Brilliance.

by ObsidianKitteh @, san antonio, tx, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 14:38 (2759 days ago) @ Morpheus

I've decrypted so many purples while forgetting to take a damn mask off. That's my only real complaint. I thought the extra challenge of dropping my light to complete hard task was actually "brilliant", granted the rewards for such feats really doesn't feel on par with the challenge presented.

It's still a nice change of pace and scenery and it's what I've come to expect of Destiny.

Maybe that's the key, you just have to drop that bar a little lower to get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

Brilliance.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 15:16 (2759 days ago) @ ObsidianKitteh

I've decrypted so many purples while forgetting to take a damn mask off. That's my only real complaint. I thought the extra challenge of dropping my light to complete hard task was actually "brilliant", granted the rewards for such feats really doesn't feel on par with the challenge presented.

It's still a nice change of pace and scenery and it's what I've come to expect of Destiny.

Maybe that's the key, you just have to drop that bar a little lower to get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

Agreed.

I like the challenge, once you level up the game becomes Grindy. But man, that first time you go on patrol and you AREN'T a tank is a neat feeling.

Made the same mistake as you with a purple or two.

Spent the last of the free silver Bungie gave me a year ago too. Got my namesakes mask.

Still want that ghost ghost.

Brilliance.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 15:35 (2759 days ago) @ ObsidianKitteh

I've decrypted so many purples while forgetting to take a damn mask off.

I've been really good about remembering to max light before decrypting purples (though I did get some crap rewards when I forget to take mine off before doing a few rounds of Archon's Forge), but I still got hosed by the mask anyway. I was in a hurry to clear space and get back to fighting, so I didn't remove the mask before turning in a bunch of blue engrams. So of course that's when I got "lucky" and had one of my rares decrypt into an exotic. Instead of getting some >397 infusion fuel, I got a 358 Thunderlord. Yay. I didn't even care enough to dump some motes into it to score an extra exotic shard. I just wanted to trash the thing as soon as possible and try to forget that it happened :p

Everything I decrypt, from now until all of my characters are 400, will now be turned in by my Hunter at max light. Just in case.

I thought the extra challenge of dropping my light to complete hard task was actually "brilliant", granted the rewards for such feats really doesn't feel on par with the challenge presented.

Same. I had fun actually struggling with the Taniks strike again. It was a bit frustrating getting him down to a sliver of health, popping a Golden Gun to finish him off, and getting one shot killed by a shrapnel launcher Captain who shot me in the back before I could pull the trigger, then watching that captain wipe the rest of the team and getting to start the fight over again, but it was still fun :p

-Disciple

Brilliance.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 27, 2016, 18:30 (2759 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I've decrypted so many purples while forgetting to take a damn mask off.

I've been really good about remembering to max light before decrypting purples (though I did get some crap rewards when I forget to take mine off before doing a few rounds of Archon's Forge), but I still got hosed by the mask anyway. I was in a hurry to clear space and get back to fighting, so I didn't remove the mask before turning in a bunch of blue engrams. So of course that's when I got "lucky" and had one of my rares decrypt into an exotic. Instead of getting some >397 infusion fuel, I got a 358 Thunderlord. Yay. I didn't even care enough to dump some motes into it to score an extra exotic shard. I just wanted to trash the thing as soon as possible and try to forget that it happened :p

Everything I decrypt, from now until all of my characters are 400, will now be turned in by my Hunter at max light. Just in case.

I thought the extra challenge of dropping my light to complete hard task was actually "brilliant", granted the rewards for such feats really doesn't feel on par with the challenge presented.

Same. I had fun actually struggling with the Taniks strike again. It was a bit frustrating getting him down to a sliver of health, popping a Golden Gun to finish him off, and getting one shot killed by a shrapnel launcher Captain who shot me in the back before I could pull the trigger, then watching that captain wipe the rest of the team and getting to start the fight over again, but it was still fun :p

Yeah, I had a blast, as well; felt like a real challenge. ;) (Granted, I was playing at 349 light, down from high 380s, so I was in much better shape than Morpheus; I might have felt differently if I'd been at, say, 335, which is about where Morpheus was. Dunno.)

Brilliance.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, October 27, 2016, 19:28 (2759 days ago) @ Morpheus

I've been having fun. I entered the strike at around 320 and did pretty well, but then again, my skill is uncanny.

Also, has it been discovered yet what the celery stalk is good for? Maybe Xur is just craving some celery and will give some rad swag.

I have to think there's going to be more discovered. It's a two week event and I've completed "everything" in just a couple of hours. They added the secret candy quest, the broom, and these are just the two I know about, I've done zero research today. It's humorous hanging out by the Eververse booth listening to the robot trying to sweep but someone stole his broom, but he's only programmed to sweep so he is still trying..hehe, stupid robit.

I'm still excited that Bungie continues to make me cat/tiger based gear. Now they just need make an Orange/Black/White shader.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread