TWAB - 10/14/2016 (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:09 (2757 days ago) @ Xenos

Yes... why would it be otherwise? Most drops you get are 2 per strike (not counting 3 of coins or chest). They aren't promising that you're going to shoot up 10 light levels in an hour, just that you can progress.

True, but only one of them has a snail's gamble. Whenever I go through a Heroic strike, I get the one obligatory Purple(on very rare occasions, I might get another one killing enemies), dozens of useless Greens(as we're all forced to endure through now) and exactly three Blues. No less, and buff after buff after buff, no more. Two of them are always below whatever my highest is. Always. The third one may or may not be higher. By higher, I mean 2 LL. Since the first light increase, Heroic strikes have dropped one single blue that was 3 LL higher, and one single blue that was 4. All others were 2,1, or zero/negative. Combined with the fact that it could be an armor piece or a weapon, that means you have 1/10th of a chance to get something higher for an equip you need. I disagree on that as a viable option to progress.

How are they the only way? You even quoted multiple ways!

What I meant by that statement is that all those methods and options they had flaunted and displayed and showcased have all ended and are now void. I don't think that page even exists any more. All those multiple ways have basically become buried under the one solution: Heroic Strikes.

Since you mentioned Heroic strikes that means you mean to level 365/385 (before and after Tuesday) which has MANY MANY ways to get to. Such as: all legendary engrams (of which you have multiple guaranteed sources every day and week), all exotic engrams, all faction packages, all of Crucible, Trials, IB when it's active, Nightfall, Archon's Forge, Prison of Elders Elder Sigil (at least for 365, not sure if it's being increased to 385).

Legendary engrams are good, but they're a 0-4 LL difference--almost the same as Rare. Thank god they don't go negative.

Exotics are good--if you actually get them. Since RoI dropped, I've gotten two Exotics. One of them I bought from Xur. It was 350 though, so that helped a little bit.

Faction packages, I can agree with you on--I have to admit, I'm always excited to level up there. That is something to look forward to helping me with!

Crucible, single mote of light. Marks, if I'm doing the highlights.

Trials of Osiris.

Iron Banner I also agree with, but the prizes I get from that are--well, I don't remember what light level I was the last time I played that, so I'll have to take your word for it.

I'm not high enough light level for Nightfall. I can barely live through Heroic as it is--not to be rude, but that's really the whole point.

Archon's Forge is great, but so far all I've gotten from them is Class items. They are a higher light level, but if that's the only thing they offer, it's just situational.

All the activities you've suggested are decent ideas, but if they all trickle light like a dead tap, aren't they just all the same then?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread