I will give you one guess. (Destiny)

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:10 (2348 days ago)

+1. I can only imagine.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:13 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

<3

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:19 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

I will give you one guess.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:20 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:30

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/935613382433968128

I'm going to guess it was that Asian guy… what was his name again?

Does this mean all my honest criticism has been good for the community? :-p

By the way, if Bungie is looking for good PR, I'm willing to do it in exchange for a few interviews for my book :-p

Good luck tomorrow.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:13 (2348 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/935613382433968128

I'm going to guess it was that Asian guy… what was his name again?

Does this mean all my honest criticism has been good for the community? :-p

By the way, if Bungie is looking for good PR, I'm willing to do it in exchange for a few interviews for my book :-p

Good luck tomorrow.

Emphasis mine.

;p

ps

Sorry, I’m in a particularly sarcastic mood today :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:24 (2348 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Sorry, I’m in a particularly sarcastic mood today :)

I am actually not sure if I should be impressed or horrified that an angry group of reditors got one of the biggest game companies in the world to cancel a reveal stream.

Social Media Outrage is all the rage these days

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:26 (2348 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Both. Look at what the Tennessee Volunteers football fans did against the program's head coach search this past weekend. The social media outrage paired with campus protests brought an unprecedented outcome of an athletic director rescinding a job offer!

Let's not also forget about what happened with Battlefront recently too!

For better or worse, we're seeing 'social media outrage' play a big role in enacting change.

- MacGyver10

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:28 (2348 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Both. Look at what the Tennessee Volunteers football fans did against the program's head coach search this past weekend. The social media outrage paired with campus protests brought an unprecedented outcome of an athletic director rescinding a job offer!

For better or worse, we're seeing 'social media outrage' play a big role in enacting change.

- MacGyver10

It's the new torches and pitch forks but on the interwebs. Mob mentality doesn't have to be in person for it to work. In fact, I would argue that it's even easier on the internet.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:58 (2348 days ago) @ MacGyver10

EA's stock lost 3 billion dollars. That is insane. If that were the response to loot boxes everywhere, then the games industry would be far better off.

Cody Miller: Master of Public Relations.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:12 (2348 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

He is the best.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:22 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

Best of luck to you and the team this week.
Looking forward to the Blog on Wednesday and Curse of Osiris next week.

You're a classy guy Deej.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:27 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

We're all here because of that "strong leader of the community" and most of us here are in your corner as well.

+100

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 22:45 (2348 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:41 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

I can only imagine that it hasn't been the most serene time for you guys, especially not with a holiday smack dab in the middle of both preparing for a release and trying to respond to the community. I don't want to be divisive at a time like this, so maybe just pass along the following to everyone over there at Bungie.net:

"Be proud of your accomplishments. Be open-minded about your mistakes. And, whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold."

:)

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:45 (2348 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:26 (2348 days ago) @ Xenos

Is this a new meme? Someone posted a link to reddit (I think) the other day where someone led into that paragraph. I'm on the outside looking in. But the idea of someone typing a paragraph that fades into that speech is outstanding.

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:29 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yeah, it bounced around Reddit a little while back and among a few different Bungie guys on Twitter from what I remember. I couldn't think of a good way to end the inspirational speech and then that came to mind. :)

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:29 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

Is this a new meme? Someone posted a link to reddit (I think) the other day where someone led into that paragraph. I'm on the outside looking in. But the idea of someone typing a paragraph that fades into that speech is outstanding.

Bungie employees have been doing it on Twitter after they doubled the tweet length, and it always gets me.

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:41 (2348 days ago) @ Xenos

This greatly amuses me.

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:42 (2348 days ago) @ ManKitten

Yeah, it's been around Reddit and Twitter for a little while now. I agree that it is funny how you immediately read it in Zavala's voice, but the problem is that Taniks has no House. He kneels before no banner, owes allegiance to no Kell. He is a murderer, and very good at what he does. I have been tracking him since Wolves broke their chains, yes? Now Taniks works for Wolf Pack, but not for long.

WARNING - Reddick-Roll

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:06 (2348 days ago) @ bluerunner

That's a good one too. Still, I'm more of a Zavala fan. I'm quite glad he has a big role in D2 (is it just me or does he appear more often than the other two Vanguard leaders?). I mean, he keeps an eye on the Fallen will continue to claw at the walls of our City unless we strike them down. Beneath the ruins of the Cosmodrome, in the shadow of an old colony ship, we've located the House of Devils' lair and the High Servitor feeding them their strength. We must destroy this machine god and send their souls screaming back to hell.

What Other Two?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 19:31 (2348 days ago) @ ZackDark

They don’t even confirm life until more than halfway through the game. lol

Glad to see Bungie’s still thinking about us. And with a solid quote too.

by Bosticman, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:47 (2348 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This is the best thing I've read today, and of course it was in Zavala's voice.

Right on!

by nico, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:44 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

<3

by peaksutah, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 13:55 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

Thanks for all you guys do!

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 14:41 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

That Chinese guy who started HBO?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:07 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

Lol

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:11 (2348 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Lewis? Possibly. I wonder where he is now.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:47 (2348 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:06

- No text -

I heard they wrote a book about that

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:13 (2348 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Um, it's pronounced "Looie", duh.

by BlackstarBSP, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:16 (2348 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

No! It was the puppeteer!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:22 (2348 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 15:08 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

KP

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 16:05 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

It truly is fitting that on the eve of Curse of Osiris...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 17:37 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

... that a sect of the community is embroidered deep into plots and conspiracy. As for that guess, how bout... "It is the blind eye that knows most keenly what it does not see". A fitting Parable of the Allspring, I think. I've been mostly playing Witcher 3 (STILL!) and working on my own stuff, so even though I know of the implied reason this post is here, I don't know how deep the madness goes in this case. So I'll just take this opportunity to say thank you.

Oh... and... Good Luck.

It truly is fitting that on the eve of Curse of Osiris...

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 17:46 (2348 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

. . . I've been mostly playing Witcher 3 (STILL!). . .

I'll take that bait! Are you enjoying it?

Man, I love that game. I've been really thinking about jumping back in again pretty soon, but Assassin's Creed Origins distracted me (and is sort of similarly designed and almost as fun to just explore), and, sort of embarrassingly, I bought Skyrim (of all things!) on my Switch and am really enjoying lounging around on the couch with it. Companies could literally just churn out great ports of last gen games, and I'd probably buy and replay a whole bunch of them. Playing things on it is really great.

I have a NG+ save of The Witcher 3 that's just finished the main story and a few quests in to Hearts of Stone. I've only played each of the expansions through once, compared to my four times through the main game, so I really am anticipating going back through those again. It'll probably be after the new year at this point, though.

Toot Toot! All aboard the *OT* Train!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 18:58 (2348 days ago) @ cheapLEY

. . . I've been mostly playing Witcher 3 (STILL!). . .

I'll take that bait! Are you enjoying it?

Man, I love that game. I've been really thinking about jumping back in again pretty soon, but Assassin's Creed Origins distracted me (and is sort of similarly designed and almost as fun to just explore), and, sort of embarrassingly, I bought Skyrim (of all things!) on my Switch and am really enjoying lounging around on the couch with it. Companies could literally just churn out great ports of last gen games, and I'd probably buy and replay a whole bunch of them. Playing things on it is really great.

I have a NG+ save of The Witcher 3 that's just finished the main story and a few quests in to Hearts of Stone. I've only played each of the expansions through once, compared to my four times through the main game, so I really am anticipating going back through those again. It'll probably be after the new year at this point, though.

So, after a year hiatus, I decided to jump back into The Witcher 3 (as I have no urge to play Destiny 2 at all). Usually with big games like this, there is a point where you jump back in and go; Where am I? The really big Bethesda Games tend to have this. Fortunately CD PROJEKT RED took the time and put that loading screen that tells where in the story I am at, so I was able to jump back in rather effortlessly, which was nice.

Anyway...Yes.

• Swordplay has no right to be as enjoyable as it is.
  • This is a game where I really can explore every area to my hearts content, but it's so large that I'm always finding something new, 72 hours of elapsed play time later.
  • It's freaking pretty. More games should add weather. It's just really adds to the ambiance of a space.
  • Sexy time on a unicorn.
  • The Side quests are as Enjoyable as the Main quests.

If Destiny 2 could have these aspects, or like-aspects. That would be cool.

Also recommend the 2016 Prey Reboot. It's good stuff.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 19:09 (2348 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anyway...Yes.

• This is a game where I really can explore every area to my hearts content, but it's so large that I'm always finding something new, 72 hours of elapsed play time later.
  • It's freaking pretty. More games should add weather. It's just really adds to the ambiance of a space.

Lots of people really seem to dislike the combat in The Witcher 3. Like you, I found it to be quite enjoyable. It's not necessarily super engaging all the time, but it was rather fun, and engaging enough on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty.

The world of The Witcher 3 really is special. It's gorgeous and detailed and real in a way that very few games are. I highly recommend turning most of the HUD off, especially the mini map. It helped make exploring that world a real joy for me. On my later playthroughs, I actually got into the habit of walking everywhere (oftentimes literally walking, not running). The world is just that engrossing for me.

Also recommend the 2016 Prey Reboot. It's good stuff.

I really enjoyed that demo they put out for it, but was just too busy with other games to buy it. I'd like to get around to it at some point, for sure.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 19:27 (2348 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Anyway...Yes.

If Destiny 2 could have these aspects, or like-aspects. That would be cool.

You softball it in so easily I don’t even have to try.

XD

+1 for the Bill & Ted reference.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 07:18 (2348 days ago) @ DeeJ

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread