Foregone Conclusion (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 11:09 (2186 days ago)

Despite my bout of cynicism below, I really like Warmind.

A big reason why is the weapons. The exotic changes are mostly great and are deservedly getting a lot of attention. But let’s not forget the new purples. The IKELOS hand cannon feels great and looks absolutely incredible (Go ahead and throw a New Monarchy shades on it and try not to drool).

The standout for me is Foregone Conclusion. It’s a firehose that spits bullets. I think I might have found the Auto Rifle that will finally make me put my Origin Story away for a while.

Well... yeah. We knew that already.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 15:35 (2186 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Yep. Seemed pretty obvious.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 16:09 (2186 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Boooooo!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 20:04 (2186 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Indeed. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 21:05 (2186 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It really does make me happy to see someone talking about a favorite weapon, even if their favorite is a Foregone Conclusion. :p

Indeed. :p

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 12, 2018, 22:53 (2186 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It really does make me happy to see someone talking about a favorite weapon, even if their favorite is a Foregone Conclusion. :p

I don't like it for Crucible, which is how I spent the night.

I started out using Vigilance Wing and Uriel's Gift, but I kept getting wrecked by Graviton Lance. So I switched to that, which left Foregone Conclusion as my only Kinetic. It's okay in the right situation (shotgun range, basically), but I couldn't keep on target at any distance past that, and even when I managed to do so, I got out-shot by Uriel's Gift.

Foregone Conclusion

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, May 13, 2018, 03:10 (2186 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The standout for me is Foregone Conclusion. It’s a firehose that spits bullets. I think I might have found the Auto Rifle that will finally make me put my Origin Story away for a while.

I have one, haven't tried it yet. I dunno if it'll replace Origin Story for me - I like to use that thing in a (relatively) long-range role, and I doubt anything with a fire rate as high as Foregone Conclusion is very good at a distance. That doesn't mean I might not use it in a different role, though - its real competitor, for me, is probably going to be Ghost Primus.

I did get Suros Regime yesterday, and that sure felt good. I knew it was in the expansion, but somehow it wasn't really something I'd been thinking about, so it felt like a bit of a surprise when the name popped up. I spent a solid hour at least running around with it - feels pretty much the same to me, which is a good thing. There's just something about that thing - the different firing modes, the quick reload, the sounds it makes, even the sights. It just feels "right" to me. It's the perfect auto rifle in the same way that MIDA Multi-Tool is the perfect scout rifle. Long live the king. :)

Totally with you on the hand cannon. That thing's going to get a lot of use on a couple of my Warlock setups, I can tell already.

I want.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, May 13, 2018, 03:58 (2186 days ago) @ stabbim

I might turn the bone on for a bit today and try to get it.

What's the quickest way to apprehend an exotic?

3 of coins?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, May 13, 2018, 05:32 (2186 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Milestone packages as well (got 2 exotics in one package)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 14, 2018, 06:23 (2185 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Same here

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 14, 2018, 06:30 (2185 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Cayde gave me a Colony and an Armamentarium at the same time. I did have a 3 of coins active at the time.

Same here

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 14, 2018, 06:57 (2185 days ago) @ stabbim

Cayde gave me a Colony and an Armamentarium at the same time. I did have a 3 of coins active at the time.

I can't remember if I had three of coins, but I got Jade Rabbit and Aeon. I've also gotten an exotic from another package as well, so I'm solidly 3 exotics for like 5ish milestones?

3 of coins?

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, May 14, 2018, 09:05 (2184 days ago) @ narcogen

Hasn't worked out well for me.

I've now gone through five Three of Coins, using each for at least three hours, and only scored two exotic engrams. I hope I'm just stockpiling some bad luck so karma can balance things out with some unusually lucky drops when we run the new raid lair this week.

-Disciple

3 of coins?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, May 14, 2018, 10:11 (2184 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Hasn't worked out well for me.

I've now gone through five Three of Coins, using each for at least three hours, and only scored two exotic engrams. I hope I'm just stockpiling some bad luck so karma can balance things out with some unusually lucky drops when we run the new raid lair this week.

-Disciple

Don't forget to stop by Xur for his fated engram to make sure you get a new shiny exotic!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread