Bungie: What Happened To The Sundaresh Experiment 13-R? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 09:26 (2060 days ago)

I had hoped to reacquire this exotic ship with Forsaken's new collection system... but it is not even listed. I got this ship from Eververse once... and now it no longer exists?? I can reacquire ships I have not had in my inventory in ages so this makes me very sad...

Bungie: What Happened To The Sundaresh Experiment 13-R?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 12:02 (2060 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I had hoped to reacquire this exotic ship with Forsaken's new collection system... but it is not even listed. I got this ship from Eververse once... and now it no longer exists?? I can reacquire ships I have not had in my inventory in ages so this makes me very sad...

It shows up for me (Season 2). Bungie said that anything sharded before May 8 is not available; I think I've seen some exceptions, but those are bonuses, not the norm.

Sorry. :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 12:10 (2060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I don't even get the UI of the page. There are:

• Ships which I have/had and can reacquire.
  • Ships which I don't yet have (for instance almost all of Season 4 stuff), and are listed but grayed out. (I'd expect the Sundaresh ship to be in this category)
  • Ships that are marked as "Unknown" almost certainly to prevent Raid spoilers.
  • ...and at least one ship that I know exists but just plain doesn't show up anywhere.

I'm fine with not being able to reacquire since I probably deleted it more than a year ago... but from what I see, the game is straight up telling me something I know exists... doesn't. So... at this point I should trust the Collections screen... except for the time(s) it straight up lies to me about what does and doesn't exist??

I'd like that ship back, but more than that I'd like better consistency on the Collections screen.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 12:44 (2060 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don't even get the UI of the page. There are:

• Ships which I have/had and can reacquire.
  • Ships which I don't yet have (for instance almost all of Season 4 stuff), and are listed but grayed out. (I'd expect the Sundaresh ship to be in this category)
  • Ships that are marked as "Unknown" almost certainly to prevent Raid spoilers.
  • ...and at least one ship that I know exists but just plain doesn't show up anywhere.

I'm fine with not being able to reacquire since I probably deleted it more than a year ago... but from what I see, the game is straight up telling me something I know exists... doesn't. So... at this point I should trust the Collections screen... except for the time(s) it straight up lies to me about what does and doesn't exist??

I'd like that ship back, but more than that I'd like better consistency on the Collections screen.

They specifically said that ships released in earlier seasons that you can no longer acquire will not show up in your collection, so that you will not be stuck with a collection you cannot complete.

:(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 12:53 (2060 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 17:10 (2059 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Pyromancy, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 17:20

They specifically said that ships released in earlier seasons that you can no longer acquire will not show up in your collection, so that you will not be stuck with a collection you cannot complete.

Where did they specifically say this? (I'm not doubting you nor calling you out, I genuinely would like to read everything there is to know about collections in one place by way of open and clear communication)

I am about as completionist minded as they come, and supremely bummed about the items I'm missing BUT I'd like to know exactly which items I'm missing, from whichever area of the game world they were from (especially if they have become "unacquirable" for no good reason)

We are really going to need to know which items we are missing when the Season of Triumph begins at the end of Destiny 2 and we can go around and earn the items we are missing, like at the end of D1.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 18:20 (2059 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Where did they specifically say this? (I'm not doubting you nor calling you out, I genuinely would like to read everything there is to know about collections in one place by way of open and clear communication)

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47079

Collections and Eververse Items
Eververse items will be retrieved from the Collections interface like all other items. An exception is Year 2 Eververse Armor, which (like all other armor with random rolls) cannot be reacquired from the Collections. The ways in which players acquire and interact with emotes and weapon/armor ornaments have not changed. All other items can be retrieved for an expense of Bright Dust.

Current season Eververse items which have not been acquired will display in the Collections interface until the end of the season. Past season Eververse items which have not been acquired will not display in the Collections interface. This prevents players from having incomplete Collections that cannot be completed.

(There is no single place for all info about Collections in one place. This one comes the closest:

https://destiny.bungie.org/bwu/

;) )

I am about as completionist minded as they come, and supremely bummed about the items I'm missing BUT I'd like to know exactly which items I'm missing, from whichever area of the game world they were from (especially if they have become "unacquirable" for no good reason)

I'm sure there are sites that still show all items - just not your own Collections screen.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, September 10, 2018, 17:18 (2057 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47079

Collections and Eververse Items
Eververse items will be retrieved from the Collections interface like all other items. An exception is Year 2 Eververse Armor, which (like all other armor with random rolls) cannot be reacquired from the Collections. The ways in which players acquire and interact with emotes and weapon/armor ornaments have not changed. All other items can be retrieved for an expense of Bright Dust.

Current season Eververse items which have not been acquired will display in the Collections interface until the end of the season. Past season Eververse items which have not been acquired will not display in the Collections interface. This prevents players from having incomplete Collections that cannot be completed.

(There is no single place for all info about Collections in one place. This one comes the closest:

https://destiny.bungie.org/bwu/

;) )

Thanks for the reply, with the info. (I do read the Weekly Updates, I swear! My mistake was, I was thinking exclusively in Ships, and particular ships. I wasn't thinking about overarching blanket statements like all Eververse items for an entire Season)

The last part made me chuckle entirely too hard, and left a big goofy grin there.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 08, 2018, 20:11 (2059 days ago) @ Pyromancy

We are really going to need to know which items we are missing when the Season of Triumph begins at the end of Destiny 2 and we can go around and earn the items we are missing, like at the end of D1.

On the 25th of July, I made a post talking about DestinySets.com. It might be exactly what you are looking for.

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, September 10, 2018, 17:22 (2057 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Pyromancy, Monday, September 10, 2018, 17:26

On the 25th of July, I made a post talking about DestinySets.com. It might be exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks for thinking of it, maybe someone else will benefit from the suggestion.
On the 25th of July (technically the 26th since it was after midnight), I made a post about how you talked about DestinySets and beat me to the punch that day, and I also mentioned how they aren't exactly what I am looking for.

I brought up Light.gg here a long time ago too. I'm semi-informed, but hard headed and not always as oblivious as I may seem.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 10, 2018, 19:31 (2057 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Thanks for thinking of it, maybe someone else will benefit from the suggestion.

On the 25th of July (technically the 26th since it was after midnight), I made a post about how you talked about DestinySets and beat me to the punch that day, and I also mentioned how they aren't exactly what I am looking for.

I brought up Light.gg here a long time ago too.

------

[image]

...and yet I have to question; Why are you asking this, when you already have the answer? I don't understand.

There is nothing else (that I know of) that is... well, as easy. If you aren't willing to go through the steps needed to do the automatic option, (which I TOTALLY get!) your only real option right now is manual. That means... yes, Light.gg database (which doesn't require log in) or even combing through a wiki. Then comparing such to what collections shows in game.

Sorry. ¯\_(:/)_/¯

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread