PS4 CE Week 2 video (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:02 (3376 days ago)

Mostly, I'm just posting this so Cody can download it, but if you want to see raw footage before Cody can composite it, feel free to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxv7qp7hqwc30cc/Destiny_20150129014704.mp4?dl=0

2nd video perspective.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:32 (3375 days ago) @ Vortech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAGahUuBNzk

I'll have the file uploaded to my site soon, so Cody can download it from there.

The fight went really well last night.

On the one hand, it was encouraging to see that when we're not getting gang-banged by glitches, the encounter is very much controllable. As I said last night, every time we wiped, it felt like our fault.

On the other hand, I do feel that we were lucky to have not run in to the usual bugs.

How about sword carrier and bubble titan perspective?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:11 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'd love to have cyber and ash's perspective, so that put together one can see all the elements to the fight.

Download link for Cody

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:02 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Here's a download link for the video from my perspective:

https://destinyraider.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/crotas-end-crota-battle-hard-mode.mp4

Ash's video wanted!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:07 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

https://destinyraider.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/crotas-end-crota-battle-hard-mode.mp4

I already snagged it from youtube :-p

Just looking for Ash's video so folks can see the bubble placement!

Ash's video wanted!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:18 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you want mine too? Or are you just going for the 3/4 different perspectives?

Ash's video wanted!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:24 (3375 days ago) @ Speedracer513

4 up is easier to fit, and ideally I'd want the sword carrier, the bubble placer, and two dpsers. Really having all 4 dpsers is a bit of a waste since their screens will look the same :-p

Post yours if you want, I don't know which 2 dpsers I'll use.

Ash's video wanted!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:35 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

4 up is easier to fit, and ideally I'd want the sword carrier, the bubble placer, and two dpsers. Really having all 4 dpsers is a bit of a waste since their screens will look the same :-p

Post yours if you want, I don't know which 2 dpsers I'll use.

Nah - too much work to figure out how/where to upload it anyway so I'm glad you were only going for a 4-up. I was only going to upload it if you really wanted all six.

Dat bubble placement at 3:13

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:28 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A thing of beauty :D

Ash's video wanted!

by ashes2ashes138, Atlanta, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 11:57 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm at work right now but I'll try to get you the video later tonight or Friday at the latest.

Dropping the tower bubble was fun but nerve-wrecking to charge head first towards two boomers trying to blow my head off. When I died to them a few times at the beginning I realized I was heading to the tower too early and the boomers and sometimes Crota would aggro me. I started delaying my run a little until Cyber got the sword. That worked much better as the boomers and Crota would initially aggro him and then switch targets to me which delayed them enough to considerably cut down on the amount of shots I had to dodge.

Ash's video wanted!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:02 (3375 days ago) @ ashes2ashes138

I'm at work right now but I'll try to get you the video later tonight or Friday at the latest.

Dropping the tower bubble was fun but nerve-wrecking to charge head first towards two boomers trying to blow my head off. When I died to them a few times at the beginning I realized I was heading to the tower too early and the boomers and sometimes Crota would aggro me. I started delaying my run a little until Cyber got the sword. That worked much better as the boomers and Crota would initially aggro him and then switch targets to me which delayed them enough to considerably cut down on the amount of shots I had to dodge.

Ahhh, the good old "human shield" maneuver. One of my favorites ;p

Seriously though, you did great. Made our job on the window ledge easy.

Ash's video wanted!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:11 (3374 days ago) @ ashes2ashes138

I eagerly await. If you can include when everybody spawns, that would be great as it makes it easier to sync.

Ash's video wanted!

by ashes2ashes138, Atlanta, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:42 (3371 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sorry for the delay in getting the video up. I had my girlfriend post it to her YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qidtog5tPEw

Later in the week I helped Ottermack and some other DBOers with Crota hard and Laidcleric was able to place the bubble on the bridge instead of the tower which aggroed the boomer fire. It seemed to make it safer for him to get to and allowed him to safely help take down Crotas shield. The downside was that the sword didn't get to jump in for blessing of light in between take downs.

Awwww yissss

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:24 (3371 days ago) @ ashes2ashes138

- No text -

Ash's video wanted!

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:25 (3371 days ago) @ ashes2ashes138

Sorry for the delay in getting the video up. I had my girlfriend post it to her YouTube channel.

Later in the week I helped Ottermack and some other DBOers with Crota hard and Laidcleric was able to place the bubble on the bridge instead of the tower which aggroed the boomer fire. It seemed to make it safer for him to get to and allowed him to safely help take down Crotas shield. The downside was that the sword didn't get to jump in for blessing of light in between take downs.

Other DBOers??!!!! I'm the only one of them knuckleheads that posts around here! LOL

Yeah, the bubble on the bridge is a good idea. (I saw it in a video posted here.) Even with that it still took us a total of 5 hours across 2 days. Good times. I think...

- CC

Ash's video wanted!

by ashes2ashes138, Atlanta, Monday, February 02, 2015, 18:42 (3371 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Later in the week I helped Canecutter and some random people with Crota hard and Laidcleric was able to place the bubble on the bridge instead of the tower which aggroed the boomer fire. It seemed to make it safer for him to get to and allowed him to safely help take down Crotas shield. The downside was that the sword didn't get to jump in for blessing of light in between take downs.

Other DBOers??!!!! I'm the only one of them knuckleheads that posts around here! LOL

Yeah, the bubble on the bridge is a good idea. (I saw it in a video posted here.) Even with that it still took us a total of 5 hours across 2 days. Good times. I think...

- CC

Better? :)

Ash's video wanted!

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, February 02, 2015, 18:55 (3371 days ago) @ ashes2ashes138

Later in the week I helped Canecutter and some random people with Crota hard and Laidcleric was able to place the bubble on the bridge instead of the tower which aggroed the boomer fire. It seemed to make it safer for him to get to and allowed him to safely help take down Crotas shield. The downside was that the sword didn't get to jump in for blessing of light in between take downs.

- CC

Better? :)

Lol. You're darn right! ;)

- CC

Sword-wielder's perspective + Bonus wipe

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:11 (3375 days ago) @ Vortech

Here's my perspective. Needs to be trimmed a bit, as our final run starts at ~1:05

Next time we attempt this, I will happily defer sword-wielder duties to someone else. My nerves need a break.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:22 (3375 days ago) @ CyberKN

Here's my perspective. Needs to be trimmed a bit, as our final run starts at ~1:05

Next time we attempt this, I will happily defer sword-wielder duties to someone else. My nerves need a break.

I'm up for it!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:29 (3375 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm up for it!

Go Speed racer go!

It's not too bad if you go crazy with invisibility.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:01 (3375 days ago) @ CyberKN

You handled it like like a pro :)

If anyone needs a good laugh, I'm happy to take the sword!

*CruelLEGACEY Dances*

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:13 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

If I ever get a tattoo...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:19 (3375 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

*munky-058 Dances*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:29 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

"Guardian down!"

If anything triggers PTSD among PS4 DBOers...

*munky-058 Dances*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:32 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

To this day, every time I hear "Guardian down" I look to see if Speedracer (AKA Guardian513) is ok.

*munky-058 Dances*

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:35 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

To this day, every time I hear "Guardian down" I look to see if Speedracer (AKA Guardian513) is ok.

Either that or scream "WHAT HAPPENED CODY?!" into the headset.

We all know what happened to Cody ;p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:36 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

*munky-058 Dances*

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:38 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

"Guardian down!"

I'm pretty sure I can still point out exactly where (in the caves going from Templar to the Gorgons) I was fall-jumping when you first tricked us with that and my heart skipped a beat.

*munky-058 Dances*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:42 (3375 days ago) @ Speedracer513

"Guardian down!"

I'm pretty sure I can still point out exactly where (in the caves going from Templar to the Gorgons) I was fall-jumping when you first tricked us with that and my heart skipped a beat.

I remember that run... it was the only time I've ever had chest-pains while playing a video game.

Crota photobombed me, so I kicked his ass...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:18 (3375 days ago) @ Vortech

[image]

[image]

Haven't quite got the timing down on the HUD-less screenshots, but I'm getting there :)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:05 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That group shot turned out much better than I imagined.

We're beautiful!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:08 (3375 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:56 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:59

[image]

Haven't quite got the timing down on the HUD-less screenshots, but I'm getting there :)

Tried to remove the HUD for ya (and a couple of touchups). :P

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread