PlayStation.Blog interviews Deej on Sparrow Racing... (Destiny)

by Earendil, Monday, December 07, 2015, 16:13 (3068 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Good interview. Here's a few more takeaways:

- DeeJ said this is Destiny's winter event, so we probably won't have a festive Tower in a few weeks.

Well, just because it's the "Holiday Event" doesn't mean they won't dress up the tower a little. That said, this particular Holiday season is a hard one to universally decorate for. Halloween has an equivalent in most cultures, where the "Christmas Season" covers at least two religious holidays, and all kinds of cultural symbols for the season. Gift giving is universal though, so I expect the Cryptarch to troll me yet again this year :)

- You'll start out by talking to Amanda Holiday to get a SRL license that will upgrade over time as you complete races and quests and so on. It sounds like that license will also be what determines what tier of loot you can get. So, probably no 320 loot on your first race.

That was my interpretation as well, and it makes sense.

- It sounds like we'll be able to keep our SRL Sparrows beyond the three weeks of the event but we'll need to do something similar to glueing the Festival of the Lost masks to make our racing Sparrows permanent.

Maybe. That would allow us to "try out" many different sparrows without either forcing us to buy them all, or flooding the "market" with sparrows such that everyone has everything.

- DeeJ seemed to indicate you could bring your existing Sparrows into a race. Timebreaker was specifically mentioned.

I hope so too. I'm quite adapt at using my own sparrow right now. I'd love to see how far I can take it :)

- As expected, the SRL gear is cosmetic like the FotL masks. So, I suppose that means you won't be infusing your racing suit into your armor but it was very clear that there will be plenty of things you can infuse.

Racing suit VoG run anyone? :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread