PlayStation.Blog interviews Deej on Sparrow Racing... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, December 07, 2015, 11:56 (3068 days ago) @ Korny

Good interview. Here's a few more takeaways:

- DeeJ said this is Destiny's winter event, so we probably won't have a festive Tower in a few weeks.

- You'll start out by talking to Amanda Holiday to get a SRL license that will upgrade over time as you complete races and quests and so on. It sounds like that license will also be what determines what tier of loot you can get. So, probably no 320 loot on your first race.

- It sounds like we'll be able to keep our SRL Sparrows beyond the three weeks of the event but we'll need to do something similar to glueing the Festival of the Lost masks to make our racing Sparrows permanent.

- DeeJ seemed to indicate you could bring your existing Sparrows into a race. Timebreaker was specifically mentioned. I'd guess you can bring any Sparrow in, but to be competitive you'd either want a top tier loot or upgraded Sparrow or you can probably get a cheap or free racing worthy Sparrow from Amanda at the beginning of the event. (I think it'd be cool if you only got your racing Sparrow after your first race, forcing you to attempt to compete with whatever you had on hand. Then Amanda could be all like: "Look, your never gonna win with that things... let me... here, I've been working on this special. Just promise you'll take good care of it.")

- As expected, the SRL gear is cosmetic like the FotL masks. So, I suppose that means you won't be infusing your racing suit into your armor but it was very clear that there will be plenty of things you can infuse. Maybe there's real armor loot drops as well?

- DeeJ mentioned the race for Ether Keys as being one of the more recent inspirations for the SRL. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread