I stand corrected. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 29, 2016, 17:46 (3000 days ago) @ Kermit

I was able to secure this during the Halloween festivity last year. This was the only time you could get it (as far as I know).

When I created a referral link (to send you) for the Refer-a-Friend program, it said

NOTE: New players qualify for referral for 7 days after they first play Destiny: The Taken King.

If you launched TTK in order to earn (or buy) that helmet last year, you might no longer qualify for this program. :(

(I can't remember if you had to have TTK to participate in the Halloween stuff, so if you didn't have it then, no problem - I could just be misinterpreting your text. ;) )

I'd be interested in know if it gives you a different message if the recipient has already played TTK. I would hope it does.

The way the system works, you generate the link, and then you email it to your referee. The system doesn't know who you're creating it for when the link is generated.

Yeah, I helped some low-level randoms I met in the Steppes area right after Christmas and offered to link to them to help (them and me) with the quest. I've gotten that message but no update.

I'm linked, but my message says:

Your friend has yet to purchase and play Destiny: The Taken King. Once they have completed the necessary steps, you will be Linked Friends.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread