Would you kindly give me your thoughts? (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 29, 2016, 20:09 (3000 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

... It's kind of insane to me that you don't get a guaranteed 320 drop for going to the lighthouse or from a rank 5 Iron Banner package.

Agree with this.

You sir are greatly overestimating my available vault space lol. I have 2 empty weapon slots. That's it. I don't have room to hold on to unwanted drops as I get them. So I either infuse them into something I've already got, or scrap them.

I feel you.

Agree with you 100% there. I think the key difference to me is that in year 1, when you finally did get that weapon you were hoping for, there were none of the caveats that exist now. You never said "I FINALLY GOT A FATEBRINGER... oh, the perks aren't great". The drop rates were certainly too low then, but you knew what you were getting when it finally dropped. This time around we have higher drop rates, but I'd argue that the chances of getting the "ideal" drops are even lower. I'm not convinced that it's an improvement. Is there really an argument against making every single normal Oryx drop a 310 and every single heroic drop a 320? Would that not be an instant improvement when it comes to the enjoyment players get out of the activities? Considering we still might not get a roll that we want, at least it would be awesome infusion fodder. Yes, there is challenge mode, but I see that as a solution to a problem that should never have existed.

Do we have some indication that challenge mode wasn't planned all along? Honestly (and I say this as someone who has spent many hours this week unsuccessfully completing a challenge--BTW, Cruel, get on early tonight and HELP!), the challenges are not substantially more difficult than doing it the usual way, and they do entice you to raid, so perhaps the "problem" was presumed to be short-lived from Bungie's perspective.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread