Efficiency (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 18, 2016, 02:19 (2969 days ago) @ narcogen

Even if I am wrong, I lose absolutely nothing by waiting until the fall.

We lose. We had to hear about it.

How about we just assume you're not playing, and when Bungie gives you enough to change your mind, you post then?

Would be more efficient, wouldn't it?

Ok, please understand that I don't want to make a big deal about this, but hear me out.

I get where you're coming from. Nobody likes to see constant negativity. I get it. But this is a forum where people come to talk about a videogame (usually ;p). But this is what I see happening here:

Person A: expresses opinion about videogame, nothing antagonistic or disrespectful towards any individuals.

Person B: I don't like your opinion, so why don't you just stop posting?

Again, I totally understand that you're coming from a place of trying to preserve a positive atmosphere. But do you not see how you are perhaps being a bit unfair?

As much as some people here like to complain about Cody, I have never seen him attack or insult another person here, even when they are full-on bashing him (not saying it's never happened in the history of DBO/HBO, but I have t seen it in 18 months of daily visits). I often disagree with his opinions or how he expresses them, but... I don't know... I guess that just doesn't bother me the way it bothers me to see people attacked for their opinion.

Rather than telling Cody to not post, could you not have said to yourself "I don't like a lot of Cody's posts, so I'm not going to read it". Wouldn't that be just as efficient, and more importantly, wouldn't it do more to maintain a positive atmosphere than your reply did?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread