Ditto (Destiny)

by yakaman, Friday, May 20, 2016, 15:22 (2906 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm not totally skeptical of the idea that they are rethinking/reworking destiny 2. Bungie seems to have the philosophy of not being afraid of throwing something out or not going with something no matter how much time has already been thrown at it if they feel something is not working. I can think of the original halo 2 that showed at E3 but was completely different from the release version; they threw out almost everything except the core concepts and artwork and started over. plus there were all the stories of stuff that was cut from the original Destiny; either because it didn't work or it no longer fit with the story they were now telling or they just no longer thought they had the time to finish it with all the other things to do.

The only thing that makes me concerned is time, or more specifically, the lack of it. I'm all for rebooting/re-imagining, except in cases where the team doesn't have enough time to backtrack, complete the product, and still meet their target. Obviously we know nothing about the extent of this supposed reboot, how much time and work is being lost, etc. It may be way more minor than what happened to Destiny 1.

TTK was the best of Destiny and I think in general Luke would do a good job. Most speculation puts Des2iny around...Q4 of 2017? Is that right? If so, that's a lot to squeeze into roughly 6 quarters.

I liked Destiny. I feel like each expansion thereafter was a step in the right direction. The progression was continuous. Whatever their choices going forward, I hope they have enough time to implement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread