Might Not Complete Y2 Moment of Triumph (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, July 09, 2016, 04:46 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I hope you understand I mean this as a friend, but...

Your posts here (and Twitter) would seem to indicate that Crucible is pretty much the most loathsome thing you've ever come across. Have you ever considered just not playing it? Because I have to tell you, Crucible affects me the same way. It makes me rage. I am not a person who's able to cheerfully accept unfair things happening (in a game). So I just decided not to bother with it anymore (in fact, I don't do PvP multiplayer at all, other than Forza), and I am much happier for it.

If you enjoy it more than your posts would suggest, that's cool. I would never tell you what to do with your own time. I'm only saying this because it's possible you might not have considered that it's not strictly necessary to do ALL the things Destiny offers. And if that were the case, I'd be remiss in not floating the possibility.

That all being said, from what I understand of Salvage, it does seem dumb, and it seems a little weird to me that Bungie's left it in that state this whole time. Wouldn't it be fairly trivial to just make capturing the doohickeys worth more points? Seems to me the only negative there would be the games being shorter. But... making the kills worth less could balance that out, no? What's the deal?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread