Poor, poor Salvage. (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, July 10, 2016, 07:27 (2855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

everyone likes to shit on Salvage for having broken rules, but the solution is pretty simple.

Either play by the "broken" rules (at which point it basically turns into Clash), or get a team together who understand how to play salvage AS A TEAM.

The vast majority of Salvage complaints I see come from people who've been unlucky enough to have bad teammates. And that's unfortunate, but the same thing happens in Clash, or control, or any other gametype.

The problem with Salvage is that Joe Random doesn't seem to understand it's a team game. You get more points by capturing together. So either play with a friend (just one should be enough. Always has been for me) or stick with your random.

I know, why would you do that? He's dumb. He's running around on his own instead of sticking with you. He probably thinks the same thing about you.

Even if he's terrible, the worst that can happen is you've got an extra gun in the fight, or an extra distraction for them to be aiming at. Plus those bonus cpature points.

I'm trying really hard not to be all "get gud", but I literally don't understand the near-universal Salvage hate. I've never played a game of Salvage where I didn't try to capture every single relic. Even with randoms.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread