Underwhelmed with Rise of Iron Story *More Spoilers* (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 23, 2016, 12:42 (2794 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't think adequate information is provided that Rasputin is a threat or being actively malicious. We don't get any information other than that Rasputin's defenses were brought to bear trying to keep the Iron Lords out of the SIVA replicator. Whether he was trying to protect SIVA for himself (I don't personally feel this way) or to protect humanity from the Iron Lords opening the regional Pandora's Box (I think this is more likely given his general actions in the past) is not made clear. What is made clear is that he does not work to stop our Guardian from entering and doing the work we do.

The latter is how it came across to me. It sounded to me like Rasputin was doing everything he could to prevent SIVA from being unleashed.

I have nothing to back this up aside from some vague Grimoire cards and one line in the campaign, but I think they intentionally mention so it's foreshadowing for what happens in the Raid. Either Rasputin ends up being the big bad (one of the cards you find, Rasputin 6, mentions that he has his function for population protection turned off and decided not to turn it back on, and then decides not to reset his moral structures either), or he helps us take out the big bad in the Raid. In fact he even says this:

"SIVA use authorized. Self-destructs disengaged. Security codes reset. All defenses activated. Frames activated."

So he's okay using SIVA and activated even more defenses.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread