I mean, you're not wrong. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 23, 2016, 14:17 (2780 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And there's Obfuscation Theatre, aka Destiny, where you try to make up for your lack of story by pretending there is one and then spending most of your time telling everyone how great it is but that they can't see it yet.

Isn't that one of the fundamentals of writing? Even if you don't tell the audience the answer to something, you absolutely should HAVE an answer. It increasingly seems like Destiny doesn't. I'm eager to see where Destiny 2 goes, because so far all the expansions have just seemed like side quests in an RPG.

Destiny is literally being made up as they go. They do not have a master plan. It's not like they have an outline planned or anything. When Destiny first came out, that was all they knew about their own story. The origin of the heart and of the Exo Stranger were still unknown even to them.

I don't know if this has changed and they have fleshed out a story path for the next 8 years, but what you are seeing is the result of this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread