README: **Here's What We Need** (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 13:58 (2768 days ago) @ Beorn

Please hit the SIM page on Bungie.net and post the following here:

• Your Node (should be five shapes)
  • A screenshot of your Information Forwarding Protocol
  • Your Processing Key (as text)
  • Your Initialization Vector (as text)
  • Your data blob (as text, put inside a [code] tag)

All of the alphanumeric stuff is Base64-encoded binary data. It seems like we need to combine eight different keys (and their corresponding Initialization Vectors and data blobs) in the correct order. The Node stuff is definitely confusing, but I imagine it works in conjunction with the Information Forwarding Protocol to transform the Base64 data before attempting to decrypt (this is a guess...).

Anyway, we need more information to build some patterns. Everyone should hit the page on Bungie.net and if you see something different than what others have posted, let us know what you've got!

So, here's my question, how do we determine the 8 different segments of the key? Here's the way I see it:

Nodes: 5 digits of 3 possible shapes. (243 total possible nodes)
Information Forwarding Protocol (IFP): 5 digits of 2 possible shapes (clockwise & counter-clockwise, yes?). (32 possible IFP combinations)

Local resources insufficient to process data. Increase resources by combining processing keys with 7 other nodes, per Forwarding Protocol.

I don't see how we would combine 'missing' elements of the different IFPs to make a 256 bit key. Each person has 32-bits of a key. So, I take it we need to find 8 people with the same IFP?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread