Has it truly been "solved"? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 30, 2016, 02:35 (2765 days ago) @ ProbablyLast
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, September 30, 2016, 03:30

I followed this puzzle quite closely and watched the live stream of the fellow (NOT Datto) who seemingly first unlocked the in game portion of the puzzle but was not able to fully complete it (Datto may have been following all along but only swung through and finished the very last step(s) at the end. There were countless other groups of people doing the hard work).

I hadn't touched the raid or seen any "non-marketing" info about the raid prior to the puzzle/ARG. A good puzzle or hunt of any kind has always deeply intrigued me. There was no telling where it would lead. I had hoped this wasn't leading back into the new Raid, merely a few days after it released. Lo and behold that is right where it was going. I had participated in the out of game stuff which was absolutely not spoilery, and I wasn't about to just stop wondering or caring about this puzzle. In the moment I wasn't going to just quit and not keep going. Blind or not I decided I needed to see where this was going in game, the payoff. So I was watching someone live in the raid in an unknown place at an unknown checkpoint.

-why couldn't this puzzle have led back into a play space already known by nearly anyone that has played the game up until this point (Vault of Glass, Crota, Rasputin level, etc.)? Or could the puzzle, as is, have taken place a month from now when an even larger majority of folks have had the chance to raid a time or 3? Or how about maybe even 4 months from now when there is "nothing left to do" in Destiny but wait for the next DLC or release?

Shouldn't the SIM site have been updated by now? Generally with these out of game puzzles there tends to be a clear resolution, be that within "the story" or outside of it.
Did we miss something along the way? Could there be more to this down the road?

The cursor still just hangs and blinks at "Local resources insufficient to process data. Increase resources by combining processing keys with 7 other nodes, per Forwarding Protocol."
Technically we have already combined nodes, yet there is no progression in the SIM site.
Once you have combined keys and nodes and progressed through the in game portion of the on going puzzle does the SIM site update and progress past the last directive? (this is all tied to your b-net log in so there should be a way for the system to recognize what you have and have not done in game)

A small blurb in the Weekly Update is ok, but doesn't answer any of the hard questions. Is it totally complete? Why hasn't SIM updated? Besides loot/the fun of the hunt, why were we doing what we were doing (Rasputin pulling strings, SIVA directive, Clovis Bray research)?
Was this all manufactured as a marketing/PR stunt so that they would have something to talk about at TwitchCON?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread