Shotguns, Fusions, Snipers and Sidearms (Destiny)

by Durandal, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 10:05 (2759 days ago)
edited by Durandal, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 10:12

I think everyone who's been in the supremacy list is a bit sick of shotguns. Much like snipers in 3v3 modes, Shotguns are the go to weapon that crowds out everything else. The mobility is such that I can't even charge a mid impact FR before a Jugg titan can get close enough with a matador or PC+1 to one shot me.

The thing is, I like shotguns, and I don't want to go back to the days of the Halo shotgun that doesn't work past 4 feet.

I was thinking if Bungie just made two changes, it would probably fix most of my issues.

1. Invert Impact/Range.

The Matador, PC+1, CT-D, all have high impact and high range. Stability is unneeded. Fire rate is unneeded. Reload speed is a non-factor. People never use low range, low impact shotguns because those always lose in a PVP match up with this archetype in all situations. In PVE, people still mostly only use high impact shotguns as there doesn't seem to be a benefit to the low impact ones.

To fix this, Bungie should make high impact go with low range, and vice versa. Thus a low impact shotgun would have some use at longer ranges in PVP, and is less of a risk in PVE.

2. Make Stability Great Again

Stability on shotguns is a dump stat. No one cares about it. A heavy PVP friend of mine suggested making stability shrink the pellet cone of a shotgun. More Stability therefore would make the odds of a OHK more likely. A low stability, high rof, low impact shotgun would feel very different from a high stability, high impact gun. Now, much like FRs, you have a meaningful tradeoff in perks.

Anyway, this is just a rant since I've been in clash matches with FRs and Sidearms trying to complete my Thorn quest (again).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread