Civ 6: First Impressions (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 24, 2016, 15:46 (2731 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Wow what a game. Graphics, sound, everything comes together so very very well. The new visual presentation of the Wonders is honestly breathtaking. Gosh there's a lot to learn and/or do. Germany is fun to play (Hansa ftw) and the rest seem super interesting one way or another.

Anyone else pick this up? Literally played it all weekend and it was a total joy. :)

I've always been a bit sad that I've never really tired any of the Civ games. Mostly because I haven't really had a modern computer... like ever? It's always nice to hear that a new game in a series hold up to experience players' expectations. I don't suppose any of these run on my iPad Pro?

EDIT: Also, some real talk. All the Beyond Earth haters get bent - Civ 6 doesn't exist without it, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Given that I don't know much of anything about the series, could you expand a little there? Beyond Earth was CIV IN SPACE or something, yes? What did Beyond Earth do for Civ 6? Did it give it a new game engine? Did it provide the funding needed to complete Civ 6? I guess as a gamer I'm just curious by what you meant here... even though there's a chance its specific gameplay features that might go over my head.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread