Why didn't I start the game re-download yesterday! (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 00:09 (2704 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 00:36

Spookly! I mean, if an expansion is showing up as "installed", then the whole thing's gotta be there, although Destiny is now a single download, expansions aren't separate anymore, they're just licenses.

Maybe it's been corrupted. Do you often unplug your PS4 while it's in Rest mode?

Have you tried turning the PS4 off and on again (not Rest mode)?

Try turning it on in Safe Mode (hold the power button down for five seconds, until it beeps), and clicking "Rebuild Database" (don't worry, nothing will be lost or deleted).

Yeah, it seems that it, or part of it (Rise of Iron), is still there. Which really makes me mad that I have to redownload it all again for no apparent reason. If there was a clear cut problem that I could identify with, like a system error code or my own idiocy deleting the game, I would be a bit more understanding.
Why didn't I start the full game re-download before I went to bed!!! This is so frustrating, I have a 60 Down / 4 Up connection. I'm 8 Hours into the download, the 33GB portion is halfway done. The 50GB portion has been downloading in parallel at the same time as the 33GB. (preview says 28 hours to go)

I never unplug my PS4 (except for when I tried to hard restart/cache clear it after Destiny up and disappeared). I do not use rest mode. It is always fully shut down unless in use, automatic updates and downloads are shut off.

Great tip on Safe Mode. I was not aware of its existence on the PS4.
No joy on rebuilding the database. Since I only fully power off, My system does a mini "rebuild database" on each power up. The Safe Mode 'Rebuild' definitely took longer and accomplished more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread