Follow up - Thanks for the help Korny! (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 23:22 (2702 days ago) @ Pyromancy
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, December 15, 2016, 23:25

I'm 8 Hours into the download, the 33GB portion is halfway done. The 50GB portion has been downloading in parallel at the same time as the 33GB. (preview says 28 hours to go)

I never unplug my PS4 (except for when I tried to hard restart/cache clear it after Destiny up and disappeared). I do not use rest mode. It is always fully shut down unless in use, automatic updates and downloads are shut off.

Great tip on Safe Mode. I was not aware of its existence on the PS4.
No joy on rebuilding the database. Since I only fully power off, My system does a mini "rebuild database" on each power up. The Safe Mode 'Rebuild' definitely took longer and accomplished more.

I often forget to loop back and thank people when they are helpful (I usually try!).
Just wanted to reach out and say thanks for the assist Korny. Although it ultimately didn't help, it was nice to have someone willing to lend a hand and the safe mode trick is great to know since I haven't seen it referenced widely regarding the PS4.

Not too long after my post about how long it was taking to download, for whatever reason, it supercharged and finished up extremely quickly. I'm not sure if I crossed out of peak usage hours? Or if someone else out there somehow helped (if so thanks!) It downloaded more data and much faster in the final 2.5 hours than it did in the prior 8 hours combined.

I found reports of disappearing PS4 games (any game, not Destiny) from back in 2014/15, but nothing recently, so I guess it was just a fluke.

Upon finally getting logged back into Destiny and selecting my character I was greeted with this odd message:
"... Your permissions to access online multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed in in elsewhere"
[image]
(not my image)

I was fearing the worst, but after trying a log in a second time, it cleared up and went through.
I found a few other posts of folks that faced the same message above after the update.
Alls well that ends well I guess

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread