This actually relates to Destiny: New Emblem in PvP (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 03:57 (2651 days ago)

I hopped into a PvP match today to experience the glory of the new sandbox. UGH. Not only was my dismal 11 and 13 showing still enough to finish first on my team, but I got a whopping 6 primary kills closer to the "weekly" clash bounty that I've had since last December (only 24 to go!). That being said, at the end of the match I got a brand new emblem I've never seen before. Amaze! It's completely ugly, so I don't recommend going back just for that, but hey - there's something new in the game if you're a compulsive collector like me!

I guess I should review my sandbox experience:

I've got a god roll Lyudmila-D that I was using. Headseeker, Braced Frame, Red Dot OES. Two burst kills were possible (and FAST when they happened), but not being used to the gun (or the game, at this point), I was looking at three or four bursts most of the time, which is why I spent so much of the round napping in the dirt. Anyway, I'm not sold on "Low ROF Pulse Rifles will dominate the meta" sky is falling shenanigans people were crying about over on reddit. In fact, none of the other players in the game were using low RoF pulses. There were two NLB/sidearm heroes on the other team, and they had the two highest scores in the game by a wide margin. My team mostly had guys with empty shotguns wondering why their shotguns were empty. It seems that the game is now more about sniping the other team while they attempt to collect special ammo, and/or successfully collecting that ammo only to never be in a situation where you want to use it because its precious! I'm just kidding. I was playing with a sidearm so I never ran out of special.

Matchmaking took forever and the round started as 5 on 4, but did eventually fill out to a full 12 players. There was no lag at all, which was surprising. Maybe it's just that my old AT&T internet is complete garbage and my new, allegedly inferior, Comcast internet is actually better. Who knows?

Anyway, new emblem. It's pastel blue with dark blue and has swords on it. It was so ugly I've blocked out the name.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread