Anybody notice old weekly crucible bounty pop exotics freq? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 09:41 (2651 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 09:46

I hopped into a PvP match today to experience the glory of the new sandbox. UGH. Not only was my dismal 11 and 13 showing still enough to finish first on my team, but I got a whopping 6 primary kills closer to the "weekly" clash bounty that I've had since last December (only 24 to go!)

This is merely anecdotal as I don't have any data to back it up
Has anybody else noticed that old weekly crucible bounties seem to pop exotics frequently at a higher rate than the current weeks bounty?
I tend to collect them but not necessarily complete them right away. I've had multiple times where the week old or more bounty pops an exotic, but I'm not sure I've ever had the current weeks bounty go up.

My favorite example was the week the "Year 3" exotics were snuck into the game (was it Rise of Iron release week?) I finished the prior weeks pre-patch weekly crucible bounty and upon turn in it popped the new exotic gauntlets which at the time I didn't even know existed.
Since then I've had multiple examples. One week I had 2 prior weeks crucible bounties and both of them popped exotic whereas the current weeks just gave Strange Coin/Motes/whathaveyou. The exotics were duplicates of my current on hand inventory but it was kind of shocking. I've certainly never seen anything like that.

Could there be any strategic benefit to putting the weekly crucible bounty on the back burner and letting it simmer for a week or two?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread