^ This. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 14:32 (2620 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The should just ditch the whole stupid system and just make all guns "exotic" in that all guns have set perks. That randomization is part of why I hate Destiny's PvP--does he just have a better roll than me, or is he legitimately better than me (hint: it's both, probably).

This is a beef I've always had with Destiny. Weapon names have no meaning because their performance can be so varied. If Bungie is so sold on the mechanic of making people chase perfect rolls on a weapon then they should at least append a "variant" to the end of the name that would describe what perks were on the gun. Also, if there must be different rolls on a gun then there should only be a small # of possible rolls (8-16, maybe as many as 32, but that's pushing it, >100 is right out).

And better yet, make PvP and PvE weapons separate so you don't have to fuck one side or the other with every "balance" patch. It's stupid to have to walk that line.

I'm not sure about this solution, but I might be convinced. However, I definitely agree with the problem.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread