I'm not going to argue with that (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 14:50 (2604 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Funkmon, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 15:06

Yeah it does blow. Now to me, the achievement means almost nothing. As in, getting to the lighthouse legit. We did it, so it's very easy to say this as someone who's lighthoused before. I would have just cared about the check mark. I wanted the adept gun, and I wanted the grimoire.

Now, if I was someone like coldairfilter, who spends literally 8 hours per day every weekend (5 on Friday, closer to 10 on Sat and Sunday), trying to get there just to have done it for 15 months, I'd mow a couple lawns, say "Tim, here's $20. Pay this guy on paypal to carry me." It's 4 hours of work versus 20 for the week. He does want to be carried, because every time I go over there, he tells me a story about how he begged people to carry him and one promised to do that. Every time. He never goes because he never pays them, and he's frustrated and upset at the end of the night, storming into the living room pouting while I watch The Simpsons and eat my parents' steak.

That's insanity. If I were in his position, I'd have dropped the $20 and just gotten that shit done. Some morons are really good and play the game basically for a living. In much the same way I can't change my break calipers without a ton of trouble, or in the way I literally can't change a clutch, I buy the part and pay some guy at a garage to do it for me.

The car has a need to continue functioning, but a lot of guys really really really want to go, and to those who can't, just pay the damn experts. Life's too short.

I don't think Kermit or Morpheus are in the really really really want camp, but if someone here feels the need to get an emblem or a gun or the grimoire, don't feel bad. Pay a streamer.

EDIT: What my real question was, when I asked what the point was, was if you don't need the flawless trip to complete the page, why the hell is it even in there? Just dump it. If they don't think people can get a wrecking ball, why is it even in there?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread