Speaking of HZD videos, they just released an Honest Trailer (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 02:55 (2586 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Korny, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 03:04

This second video is a set fight in Cauldron Zeta, so if you don't want (minor) fight spoilers about what a staged battle in that zone is, you probably shouldn't watch. That being said, this was a goddamn awesome fight. I left in a bunch of set-up where I try to lay traps and set my strategy for engagement, and then, of course, you can see how pretty much all of that goes to shit right away.

Minor spoilers follow:

While this is my first attempt at this specific fight, I'm a pretty well versed in how to fight a thunderjaw, so unlike the stormbird fight, I know exactly how I'm going to approach this. That being said, Thunderjaws are badass, and there is no magic bullet to killing them (at least, not that I've found yet). LOVE this fight.

Good stuff. Funny that you posted this fight. My very first fight against a Thunderjaw was in the Cauldron (at level 21, and he's a 27). I had no idea what to expect, so I played it safe by littering the area with as many traps as I could... And that only seemed to put small pauses between the constant beatdown that the guy was laying on me. When I wasn't being tossed around like a ragdoll, I was dropping as many traps as I could, despite the fact that he was only getting angrier and angrier.

Watching that Thunderjaw go down was such a satisfying feeling. GREAT fight.

This game is so great!

"Could have been game of the year material, if it hadn't come out three days before Zelda."
Well, since I won't ever play Breath of the Wild... :P

I love that he touches up on what you said about the best laid plans...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread