I'll sit this one out (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 15:29 (2556 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Mine was more than 60% full BEFORE I DID ANYTHING. (In fact, you could make a point that their claim of 'the largest record book ever' is silly, since a good chunk of it gets filled before you start.) I may never finish this one (it requires a visit to the lighthouse), but it's the first one I don't have to look at while I play to see what needs doing; everything seems to be filled in as I go, by things I was doing anyway.

If that's the case, shouldn't they already be filled in? Why would it matter if you did them before or have to do them now? I've already gotten a bunch of wrecking ball medals… so why isn't that filled in? It makes no sense for some to be retroactive (like the lighthouse or story missions), and others not, like Public events gold tier, etc. Oh wait, it does.

It's not about being a record of your accomplishments. If it were everything would be retroactive. It's about steering / manipulating people back into activities until Des2ny ships. And I just don't like being manipulated anymore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread