slight correction (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 10, 2017, 15:17 (2571 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Astros has made it so the new ones for wired headsets are single platform only. :(

Wait, really? Why? Just to fuck the consumer? That sucks.

Most of the new mixamps will work with one console and PCs and Macs. None worth with both consoles.

The A50 wireless one does. (I bought it a year ago, and I use it with both consoles.)

So you DO play on your PS4! :)

Yeah, I did say wired headsets. The gen2 mixamp I bought in 2015 works with both (or did). I'm sure it's just me, but I've routinely had problems with Astros--and after the plastic parts of my A40s started breaking down (granted, after several years of use), I began looking at alternatives. When the connections on my gen2 mixamp started acting up, I had to find a used one because Astro doesn't sell that model mixamp anymore. If I knew of a similar option other than the super-expensive Creative SoundBlaster, I'd be on it. I might be interested in the Sennheiser except that they look like they're not very adjustable (I've got a huge noggin), and I doubt that they sound better than what I have already invested in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread