The one thing that I didn't like about Amanda... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 12:26 (2540 days ago) @ bluerunner

She refers to us as "that Guardian that you never shut up about". But she knows us. She's bet money on us, and we've helped her win a contest with the Chaperone (helping cement her mother's legacy). Why would she act like she only knows us through Zavala, if we have a personal relationship with her? Anyway, that bugged me quite a bit.

My hunter dated her for the past 2 years and that's how she refered to him? He's dumping her as soon as he gets to the Farm.

Still jealous of your hunter.

I kind of agree with Korny, but from a different angle. I know it's contrary to the video tradition of having the player be the supreme hero of the story, but one thing I like about the Destiny universe is that guardians are seldom singular. I wouldn't mind if the outro for strikes (and maybe someday raids, if they had outros) referred to us a team. Likewise, if an NPC is referring to us in conversation with higher ups, "a guardian" would work, as in one of many. One on one, of course, they could suck up to us as being special, which we might be to them if, for instance, we just finished their quest.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread