This! (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 25, 2017, 23:23 (2520 days ago) @ Kermit

I kind of agree with Korny, but from a different angle. I know it's contrary to the video tradition of having the player be the supreme hero of the story, but one thing I like about the Destiny universe is that guardians are seldom singular. I wouldn't mind if the outro for strikes (and maybe someday raids, if they had outros) referred to us a team.

This. Exactly this. Why did they do this only once-- after the Black Garden mission? Why can cutscenes insert your Guardian but not the rest of the fireteam? Is this some kind of inscrutable, insurmountable technical challenge? Lots of hero stories are about groups of heroes, not singular ones. What is the BFD?

Likewise, if an NPC is referring to us in conversation with higher ups, "a guardian" would work, as in one of many. One on one, of course, they could suck up to us as being special, which we might be to them if, for instance, we just finished their quest.

Yup!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread