Duh. (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, September 18, 2017, 11:01 (2420 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You are in some sense correct, but only because Bungie only went half way with the fix. The solution is no random acquisition of guns at all. Then you can design 'God Roll' guns, that are godlike in specific circumstances, or while playing on a razor thin edge, and design your campaign around this.

Anything that moves the game away from avatar power towards player skill and knowledge is a plus. This doesn't mean you cannot power up your avatar; it just means you have to do it in defined and repeatable ways.

I 100% agree with this. I think most people really liked how you had to do a mission in a specific way to aquire the Black Spindle (except if you never aquired it because it was too hard). Give all players access to a consistent set of base weapons for purchase, then make everything else something you have to "discover" (or ask the internet). While you're at it, drop the "light level" requirements. Not only is light level just grind (even if you are only doing things you like), but it makes the game slightly easier for the better players and harder for players who aren't as good. Just block off areas until a player reaches a certain level, and once you complete the campaign the whole game becomes your sandbox. Give players looking for more difficult challenges ways to find them (personal difficulty setting for patrol that reduces your damage maybe, modifiers for strikes, etc). Focus on gameplay, not numbers and Destiny would be a more fun game.

^ My opinion based on D1 since I haven't yet played D2.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread