Non-raiders often seem unable to "get" raiding (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 12:00 (2425 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I agree.

I don't think there would be nothing lost by the removal of the weekly reset, but I think more would be gained, easily.

And people could still have that time pressure, only now it's the time pressure of "We have to get this done before the reset or we'll be missing out on drops", which is all I've seen it be for most of us anyways.

Yeah, it might make it a little less cool when a group squeaks out a tight finish on Monday, but think about how cool it would be for a group who's spent several days over the course of more than a week to be able to finally make their way to the end and win?

Think about the ease to scheduling it might add if your available days are (say) Saturday, then the next Wednesday, and Thursday, if that first day lets you get a foothold, and not just a chance to either win the whole thing, or get some experience to make your next go smoother.

An optional reset of progress would have most of the advantages of what we have now, and make things a lot more accessible, without really making it meaningfully less challenging?

Because, as Cody pointed out, the time pressure isn't really present in the Raid itself; it's time pressure with respect to scheduling, not gameplay. It's just kind of. Not a great challenge?

Or a fantastic hill to die on, with respect to opposing making the Raid less special.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread