100% Disagree (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 16:54 (2431 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The weekly reset is there so Bungie can easily cap how much loot you can gain per-week. If you could just continue to run the raid until you finished, but the loot cap applied I don't see how that would be a problem. If you can't schedule all your people to finish it in one week they don't have to start over.

I guess I could see where it caps the level of loot you get, thereby slowing you down (though that requires that you say the rewards scale up throughout the raid which is historically debatable at best) and the whole point is that the reset prevents people from going slower not faster. IT seems like we get to the same place in your conclusion, but I don't understand your premise.

In other words, you can only get a certain set of loot from the raid which is limited each week by the cap. Assuming that limitation remains in place, if they remove the reset of the checkpoints then you can just keep trying the raid until you beat it or you decide you aren't high enough level and restart from the beginning. It doesn't impact the loot economy either way.

I keep thinking about why this is a bad idea. It impacts the player economy, and other players are a resource in Destiny. The reset puts everyone on the same page at the same time once a week.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread