The Second First Iron Banner (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 01:22 (2423 days ago) @ Grizzlei

The Time-Worn Spire pulse rifle has some tremendous perks and an even greater RPM. Really shocked I did so well on my first roll.

Can't say I'm all that impressed with the lineup for teammates this evening. Went into Iron Banner with my sister and the two of us encountered one too many lackluster matchmade pairs needing to be carried. In one match on Emperor's Respite, our two other teammates held down C the whole time, a point the enemy hadn't bothered to attack as they held A and B nearly the whole time. No going beyond mid or exploiting the wonderful flanks. No helping us out as we made an effort. Good times, good times.

Hmmm. My team played against TeftyTeft and his crew in our first match (we lost horribly, 95-48, but I did get a 5 kill streak at one point, so I call it a moral victory), and then got matched against a team with perfect map control and spawn knowledge on our second game for what should have been a mercy win to them. Somehow the final was 95-38 and the mercy rule was never called. I forget the name of the map... infinite woods or something? Anyway, apparently if you just control B and the hallway in the middle of the map, the enemy will spawn on the opposite side from their teammates every time, even when it seems like it shouldn't be physically possible. I've never been aborted so many times in a single D2 match before. /sadface.

And then the game completely bugged out, showing different numbers of people matched to each of our fireteam members, loading into a match only to dump us back in orbit, and then none of us could leave the fireteam so we all hard quit and called it a night.

Hopefully tomorrow is more stable and I play against some players of a more modest skill level (actually, the game against Tefty's team was really fun. It's cool to see how D1 streamers have adapted to D2. The second game was just a spawn camp fest... I learned nothing from it other than controlling B is clearly of paramount import).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread