The Second First Iron Banner (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 12, 2017, 12:54 (2411 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I think it has a lot to do with the skill ratings of everyone in the party. When I went in with a team of 4, and we were all the same skill level (fair-to-middlin'), we lost most of our games. I think that's because the system TRIES to pair us up with another team of 4 (clearly that's not a hard requirement, but I think it's a priority), and a team of 4 with 1 or 2 good players (and one or 2 less good players) will 'average' to our skill level - but they'll beat us almost every time.

When I went in last night with 3 people who are clearly at least a tier above me (in one or two cases multiple tiers), we won every game, usually by a landslide. Again - I think it's because I brought the 'average' down far enough to match us against lower-tier teams... but not enough that we actually PLAY the same as lower-tier teams.

In other words: four 5s will get beaten, consistently, by two 8s, a 3 and a 2.

(I don't know any more about the matching system than anyone else here. This is all my speculation, backed up only by my own anecdotal data.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread