Linear time and Paracausal Forces (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 18, 2017, 23:52 (2357 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, November 19, 2017, 00:34

I'm really not sure why the choice has been made, repeatedly, to not have the characters in the game actually learn anything or figure anything out from the bits of information we've collected along the way, but their inability to grow, change, learn, and adapt is incredibly frustrating for me, especially given how absolutely perfect the premise of D2 was for all of those things to take place. Instead it was a story about re-establishing the status quo. Only Hawthorne changed at all, and that was a long wait for her perspective to move an inch.

I think we’ve talked about this part before. Each of the Vanguard have dialogue showing that they have learned. Specifically:

With at least two of the three Vanguard expressing a desire to not repeat their mistakes, you can’t really claim there is no growth or learning. It’s right there in their dialogue, in game, not locked away in lore or whatever. Furthermore:

We’re two weeks out from our first chance to see how much Bungie is willing to do with D2’s story post launch. After that, your frustration at a lack of change will be a lot more justified. Right now, it’s a bit premature, in my opinion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread