How many of you have actually finished™ the PvE game? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, November 20, 2017, 17:00 (2356 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I know I haven't.

I've done the campaign twice (hunter and warlock).

Finished the raid like four times, maybe?

All of the weapon missions.

Some (1/3? 3/5?) of the adventures.

I dunno why I'm thinking about Destiny so much today, but I keep seeing people talking about the "drought" of content and I know I haven't even seen all of what we do have access to. What's odd is I really like the adventures. They're interesting and mostly unique. For me, the reason they aren't compelling is that they do no, by and large, tie back into the game world at all.

Age old Destiny problem: Nothing we do matters, so why bother doing it? And with adventures, at least, I stopped bothering. I really hope that Bungie figured out that our actions making a difference would really help keep us interested in the game. Faction rallies do this a little. I hope CoO makes it a trend. The livestream showed a wall of glyphs that you unlock via activities, so it seems like it might.

I think for me, the more time passes, the more I find that the moment-to-moment combat in D2 just isn’t as good as D1. I think D2 is a vast improvement in many ways, but while still great, the core gameplay isn’t as exciting for me. Very few of the weapons have any distinct personality, the armor perks and mods don’t change up the gameplay enough for me to care about them (if you ask me which perks I have on any of my armor, I couldn’t tell you).

I think there are many reasons for this, but the big one for me is the change to the loadout system. IMHO, the switch to Kinect/Energy/Power was a mistake. I feel far more limited in my weaponry now than I did in D1. Being able to carry an Auto Rifle and a Pulse Rifle at the same time is cool, but it simply doesn’t allow the same combat diversity as weilding an Auto Rifle and a Sniper Rifle as my primary and secondary weapons. On top of that, the selection of Power Weapons is such that there are entire classes of weapons that I never use anymore, because I simply don’t find that they justify taking up the power slot in my loadout. This sucks even more diversity out of combat for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread