No, I haven't finished. Here are my obstacles. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 07:49 (2355 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by dogcow, Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 08:01

I dunno. It's sort of hard for me to articulate my feelings on all those little things. Destiny 1 was a game I played by myself quite a bit, and I just don't have that desire in Destiny 2. I'm not sure if that's actually the fault of anything about either game (it may just be all the amazing games I still haven't played enough of yet or at all this year). I look forward to The Curse of Osiris to bring me back, and I'm eager to start seeing whatever the live team cooks up--I think they're contributions were essential to making Destiny 1 successful, and I have no doubt they'll do it again.

I lost that desire by the time Rise of Iron showed up. It started with The Taken King for me. Perhaps it's the new way they've questified things, like it doesn't click w/ me, I dunno for sure either.

With Rise it was "Oh, there's things to do other than the raid & strikes? I don't really care to do those. It just don't sound fun to me." Plus, it wasn't apparent what I needed to do to trigger/start these extra quests.

I haven't played D2 in ages...

With D2 I've played the raid & a couple strikes, but not all of the strikes. I'm not sure because I can't choose a specific strike from the director, so I don't even know what they all are. Is there one the strike playlist hasn't given me due to RNG? There must be as I can only remember 1 strike that I've played. I really don't like how I have to rely on the hopper/playlist to choose what strike I'm going to play.

Also, Lost Sectors & Cayde's treasures & whatever else there is like those that I'm missing... (I'm not even sure what all there is & how they work). Why should I care about those? For a box of loot? Sorry Bungie/Cayde, unlike those guardians in the trailer loot isn't a motivator for me. Give me a some story explaining why I should care about running one of those and I'll be more interested.

I guess their attempt at making the "extra things to do" blend with part of the world has made them unattractive to me. They just don't attract me or pull me in.

Perhaps some of it is because I kind of lost my fireteam. I wanted to run through the story mission once by myself. When I has finished I rarely saw my "fireteam" on when I was, and when they were they had a different task-list than I did, so that was demotivating too. Plus, it would require actual out-of-game work to join up & play with them.

</unstructured posting of thoughts>

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread