How many of you have actually finished™ the PvE game? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, November 20, 2017, 17:19 (2356 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Maybe it's an unfair comparison, but I can't stop thinking about how nothing in Destiny 2 is as fun to use as Fatebringer. Midnight Coup comes really close in terms of satisfaction (it just feels, sounds, and looks cool), but obviously lacks the fun of the elemental damage and Firefly.

I think the new weapon system is ultimately fine, but I just prefer the old system. I miss heavy machine guns, I miss being able to have a shotgun and a rocket launcher. While it may actually be more useful, I don't like that they made matching elemental damage cause shield explosions rather than just draining shields faster.

I won't say Destiny 2 is a worse game by any means, and I don't even think in any one to one comparison that it's worse, but it's a culmination of a whole bunch of little things where I prefer the way Destiny 1 was.

I dunno. It's sort of hard for me to articulate my feelings on all those little things. Destiny 1 was a game I played by myself quite a bit, and I just don't have that desire in Destiny 2. I'm not sure if that's actually the fault of anything about either game (it may just be all the amazing games I still haven't played enough of yet or at all this year). I look forward to The Curse of Osiris to bring me back, and I'm eager to start seeing whatever the live team cooks up--I think they're contributions were essential to making Destiny 1 successful, and I have no doubt they'll do it again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread