Anyone can write. Even me. (DBO)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 07:18 (2295 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by MacAddictXIV, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 07:22

On November 26th, I spent $100 of my own money to supply the No Longer Neglected project with some awesome prizes. As of yesterday I was planning on simply walking away. I had not even written my own entry to my own contest despite having a great idea.

For whatever it's worth, I have genuinely been sad to see the lack of engagement with the contest.

I can't talk, as I also haven't taken the time to write anything. I'm not a very good writer, though, so I never really intended on doing so. But I can't lament no one else participating if I don't either.

Trust me when I say that no matter how bad a writer you are, you can write a haiku. Sure, Raga might thank you and kindly put it in another pile. But you wrote something! :D

I say this because I have a serious case of stream of conscious and thus I have a terrible time at getting a point across. People probably have noticed this when I try to debate. This also doesn't help story telling. But there are many ways to tell a story. I never would have wrote My Titan Haiku if I wasn't encouraged to just try something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread