Maybe a little confusion here (DBO)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:09 (2289 days ago) @ Korny

Like we were discussing last night, some folks tend to jump the gun rather than addressing the problem or talking with others. The B.org community has always done a fine job of managing itself and shooing away the Spiders who would build cobwebs of toxicity.
the Spiders

you can fuck off, even if no one else here knows or remembers SESpider I remember your little character assassination to try to drive him away (for the crime of having typos and disagreeing with you)
you are not some heroic crusader, you're not even a truth-teller

I would say that the onus is definitely on the community to make the place more welcoming and friendly. As others have noted, people around here don't really engage as much as they did when Halo was good, and that's a bummer. Whether it has to do with Destiny itself, Bungie and their issues, or the people around here, everyone has their reasons. It just surprises me how many people complain about people complaining, without contributing any of the nice things that they want. That's a factor that drives people away as well, I'd wager.
I want to see more from those people.

if they're anything like me, they're staying away because of people like you

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread