Exotic weapon changes (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 09, 2018, 10:37 (2189 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ditto on Sunshot. The explosions are noticeably more powerful now.

Graviton Lance is... wow. It sounds different, but still good. The actual shooting part feels great (though it's almost a scout rifle in practice), the explosions are super useful now. Bravo.

Skyburner's Oath, as Cody said, is super good now. I always thought it was good, but it's even better. To clarify a couple things that I and others were wondering prior to release:

So it has everything that made it useful before. There's just more to it now.

I used Telesto a bit and was surprised at how useful it actually was. I dunno if they changed it, I just didn't tend to use it much previously because I was always out of room in my heavy slots so it just didn't make it into my usual rotation. I have more room now (thanks to the quest items moving into their own area), so I brought it along. The reload effect is more useful than I had anticipated, and it works very well as a trip mine - which is nice for those new knights carrying shields.

Hard Light still feels essentially the same in normal usage, but being able to swap damage type on the fly will be nice. Speaking of which, did I read the patch notes correctly that matching damage type to shields DOES actually do a bit more damage now? As opposed to before, when any energy damage was the same, and matching the damage type only got you the explosion when their shield broke.

That's all I've had time to try so far.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread