Mars rules! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 10, 2018, 19:51 (2187 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Hellas Basin might be my new favorite Destination in Destiny.

The Dreadnaught was cool with its secrets, but it was a pain to get around, and the dark got really tiresome.

Mars has a fantastic aesthetic. I liked Mars in the original Destiny a whole bunch--that barren red desert is just striking, especially with the future city buildings as a stark contrast. They cranked that up a notch with both the ice and the buildings. The Warmind aesthetic has always been some of my favorite stuff, and it definitely doesn't disappoint here. I love the server room, and of course the Warmind core. Seeing Rasputin shoot off new Warsats every so often is really neat.

And that skybox . . . I'm a sucker for starry scenes, and this one is beautiful.

The locations are fun to move around and fight in, there's a decent variety of public events and enemies roaming about. There's enough little things to find with the Data Caches (I hope this is a trend that continues going forward--I miss hunting for dead Ghosts).

All in all, I'm really enjoying this expansion. It's honestly better than I anticipated after Curse of Osiris (and I thought that was mostly fine).

Can't wait to see the raid lair!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread