There’s a middle ground. (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 12:49 (2109 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Perhaps a better solution is to change the infusion system.

It could work like an EXP bar. So the higher light level you infuse, the more your item progresses. But, you could infuse lower level stuff to gradually increase the power of your gear. This way even shitty blue drops you get while playing could be useful. Hmm. Do I use it to level up this gun a little, or dismantle it for materials?

That sounds like a great idea in theory, but in practice (personally) it sounds like a huge chore.

Less of a chore than grinding is now?!

Yes? "grinding", your word not mine, has only gotten easier since launch in my opinion.

And where exactly did I talk about the difficulty of programming the change?! That's a non sequitur.

Perhaps a better solution is to change the infusion system.

Here.

The system could easily be redesigned so that no matter what you do, you always progress, no matter how small.

And here.

If you say something should be changed in software, that requires programming the change. I made my comment because as a software engineer when someone says it would be "easy" to redesign and program a core mechanic in complex and live system it makes me want to punch something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread