Destiny 2 - PS4 (Criticism)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 16:31 (2107 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There are currently two people in the queue for approval. Neither one has reached out to anyone involved in the admin of the clan, or to anyone they KNOW in the clan; the general rule is that if the gamertag isn't familiar, and nobody actually vouches for them ("X doesn't visit DBO, but I play with them" or some such), they don't get approved. This has ALWAYS been the rule (since D1 days).

FWIW, in the XBox clan the admins will sometimes post a message in clan chat asking whether anyone knows the user in question. Posted messages generate an alert on the smartphone app, but new member requests don't, so it gets more visibility if someone says something.

(I suppose an argument can be made that when you're nowhere near full, you can approve people who aren't actually known to any current clan members... but it's not really an argument I like.)

Nor I. I don't want to let every random request in and try to figure out later whether they're actually a DBO user. I'm in that clan specifically because I don't want to talk to every yahoo who joined the first clan they found.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread